Salford Red Devils are pleased to announce that the Betfred Super League Round 11 home game against Leeds Rhinos on Friday 25th June is now on general sale.
Season ticket holders were given initial priority for access to the game and all-season ticket holders who entered the ballot should now know if they were successful or not. Any season ticket holders who were not successful, or did not enter the ballot and would like to attend on Thursday, must email – firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to create the best atmosphere possible, we will be allocating 400 tickets to the away club in the North Stand ONLY. If you are a Salford fan, DO NOT select a ticket in the NORTH STAND AWAY STAND likewise LEEDS fans WILL NOT gain access to the east, south or west stands of the stadium.
We are encouraging people to book in bubbles of six as booking single tickets drastically reduces capacity.
HOW DO I BOOK?
- All our ticketing will be produced online digitally.
- Go to www.eticketing.co.uk/salfordreddevils and sign in/create an account.
- If you do not know if you have an account try “forgot password” and if you have an account you will receive an email to reset your password.
- Click on Match Tickets at the top of the page and select the game.
- Choose the stand you wish to purchase in and “best available”. Select the EAST, WEST & SOUTH for home fans. For AWAY fans select NORTH.
- Please select the number of tickets you require for you and other people in your bubble (max of six). If you are the lead client, you will be responsible for everyone in your bubble and you must inform them of the “code of conduct.”
- You will get the “best available” for the area you selected. There will be no kiosks in the standing areas of the stadium due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tickets will be sent via email and you will be able to print at home or add them to your Google or Apple Wallet.
- Please follow all the instructions on the ticket including the arrival time.
- Please bring ID showing your name and date of birth as you may be asked to present it.
If you are having difficulty in doing this or if you are a season ticket holder who has missed the ballot, please email email@example.com
You can also call 01617861570 and choose option 1 for tickets and if this is not answered leave a message and someone from the ticket office will call you back.
Office hours are Monday – Friday 10am-5pm
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I GET TO THE STADIUM?
There will be details on your ticket of what time you should arrive and what entrance to use. Different blocks will be given staggered arrival times and we ask you all to enter the turnstiles at the time stated. If you arrive too early, or too late, you may not gain access. There will be a one-way system in operation within the stadium. Please pay attention to signage and direction from stewards. You may be asked to show ID.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GET FOOD AND DRINK?
Unfortunately, kiosks will not be open in the standing areas as food and drink has been prohibited. If you are in a seated area you will be able to get food and drink from the kiosks.
IS IT SAFE TO ATTEND?
Although we cannot wait to have you back, we need to ensure that spectator safety is at the top of our agenda. Therefore, it is imperative that fans read and agree to the Spectator Code of Conduct and respect all rules and guidelines and keep fans safe from potential transmission of COVID-19.
DO I NEED TO HAVE A TEST?
No, you do not need to have a test before coming to the stadium. However, if you feel unwell please DO NOT attend.
If you have a season car park pass then that will be accepted. Car parking passes can be applied for in advance online or by contacting the ticket office. On-the-day parking will be available for £8. Parking at the stadium is limited and we ask that you only trave in your bubbles and follow guidance. For all information on travelling to the stadium, see here.
Once again, Salford Red Devils would like to thank you all for your continued support and understanding during this unprecedented time.